What is WA Day?
WA Day takes place on the first Monday in June each year where we recognise our Aboriginal history, early European settlers and the multicultural society we have in Western Australia. It's also a day where we reflect and celebrate all the wonderful things we have, such as our friendly people, our lifestyle, our beautiful land, culture and our potential for the future.
In the spirit of getting to know Western Australia this WA Day, here are some Western Australian fun-facts!
Click below to read more fun facts about Western Australia.
- You can fly from Perth to Melbourne faster than you can fly from one end of Western Australia to the other.
- Perth is the only city in the world which can have aircraft land in its CBD.
- Western Australia is home to a number of Pink Lakes - such as Lake Hillier.
- WA is home to what is believed to be the oldest evidence of life on Earth - the Stromatolites.
- The world's largest rock is not actually Uluru, but Mount Augustus in Western Australia. Mount Augustus is actually twice the size of Uluru.